Maritime Trade and Maritime Transport Law and Litigation
Maritime law is defined as the branch of law that regulates the legal relations that arise between individuals, between individuals and the state and between states due to the voyage of ships at sea. Maritime Law, on the other hand, is the branch of law that regulates the legal relations between individuals arising from the navigation of merchant ships at sea.
The fact that the international circulation of commercial goods related to maritime transport has increased in a much larger volume and weight in the globalizing World, it has led to a very serious increase in legal problems, which inevitably has increased the importance of Maritime Law for every country.
Here, Güneş & Güneş Law Office, with its 25 years of experience and expertise, has been providing consultancy services to its individual and corporate clients in the fields of Maritime Commercial Law, Maritime Insurance Law, Maritime Labor Law, Ship Financing and Yacht Law, which have gained importance in the globalizing world, and present their clients with success not only before the judiciary but also in front of third parties.
Why Gunes & Gunes Law Firm?
20 Person Team
We are a family of 20 people, with our lawyers and assistant teammates who are experts in different fields of work.
Service in 6 Languages
Internationally, we provide native language-level legal advice in Turkish, English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Dutch.
33 Different Practice Areas
We provide legal support to our clients in many different fields of work.
In this context, the main services offered by our Law Office in the field of Maritime Law with a “service concept devoted to excellence” are as follows:
- Advocacy service in cases arising from miscellaneous receivables related to maritime law,
- Legal consultancy and advocacy services on the preparation of freight, bill of lading and other transport law contracts, especially consignment , and the negotiation and interpretation of these contracts and the resolution of disputes arising from the interpretation of these texts and contracts,
- Legal consultancy and advocacy services for the resolution of legal disputes arising from the calculation of Laytime and Demurrage periods,
- Cargo insurance, boat insurance, liability insurance (such as P&I club insurance, shipyard liability insurance, port liability insurance and marina – boatyard liability insurance), property insurance, freight and boat building insurance transactions, consultancy in disputes arising from these insurances and litigation attorney services
- Preparation of commercial ship purchase/rental/construction contracts and follow-up of related legal proceedings,
- Shipbuilding, ship export and their financing and legal consultancy,
- Registration and/or abandonment of the ship or yachts and follow-up of the flag change processes
- Legal support and consultancy in solving customs and port problems regarding the ship’s customs procedures,
- Legal consultancy and advocacy service in cases of mooring of the ship and barring from sailing,
- Litigation advocacy service for opening and finalizing lawsuits for loss and damage of cargo carried in ship transportation and compensations arising from them,
- Providing advocacy and consultancy services in the fields of ship mortgage, mortgage establishment and registration on the ship, taking precautionary injunction or precautionary attachment (temporary legal protection), determination of damage, loss and loss of cargo and compensation cases related to them,
- Legal advice on C/P disputes, Salvage, Collission and general average and rescue and assistance,
- Providing personal rights of seafarers within the framework of maritime labor law and litigation advocacy services for the collection of business receivables and labor lawsuits,
- Litigation advocacy service for the follow-up and conclusion of all kinds of disputes and lawsuits arising from ship receivables,
- Providing legal consultancy and advocacy services on the preparation of all kinds of contracts related to Maritime Commercial Law, which constitutes an important part of national and international commercial law, and the resolution of disputes arising from these contracts at national and international level,
- Legal consultancy and advocacy services for the settlement of disputes arising in the form of the right to imprisonment, the collection of fuel receivables and the collection of Time-Charter rental fees, in the form of late or no payment,
- Process follow-up regarding administrative application, representation and follow-up works and procedures to the Undersecretariat of Maritime Affairs, Registry Offices, Coastal Safety, Port Presidencies and Directorates, Appraisal Commissions, with the application and finalization of all licenses and permits,
- Advocacy service in the cases of the responsibility of the Captain, Seaman / Owner / Shipowner, Litigation advocacy service in the areas of work accidents that may occur on ships, executing compensation claims, calculating compensation and conducting processes, and realizing compensation claims in case of dismissal,
- Advocacy services for necessary equipment such as fuel, materials, and for the collection of necessary legal actions during the collection of receivables
Leave Your Information, We’ll Call You!
- Actions For Restructuring Company Debt
- Administrative Law
- Arbitration Cases
- Associations, Foundations and Cooperatives Law and Actions
- Banking and Finance Law
- Company & Commercial Law and Liability
- Competition Law and Unfair Competition
- Criminal Law
- Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law
- Family Law and Litigation
- Foreigners Law and Foreign Investments
- Health Law and Malpractice Lawsuits
- Hotel Finance Contracts and Litigations
- Inheritance Law and Inheritance Lawsuits
- Insurance & Reinsurance Law and Litigation
- Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights Law and Litigation
- International Trade and Customs Law Cases
- Joint Venture Law
- Labor Law, Social Security Law and Trade Union Law
- Land and Air Transport Law
- Law of Contracts and Law of Obligations
- Law Of Individual Application to The Constitutional Court
- Liability Compensation Law and Indemnity Litigation
- Maritime Trade and Maritime Transport Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Persons Law and Population Lawsuits
- Real Estate (Immovable) Law
- Tax Law, Tax Disputes and Tax Litigation
- Yacht Law
Phone Number0850 532 64 85
AddressMerkez Mah. Barış Manço Cad. Kervansaray St. No:3G/3 Kemer / Antalya
Konyaaltı Cad. Yalı Apt. No:66/8 K:4 Muratpaşa / Antalya